Dental prosthetics at Luxdentic includes treatments aiming at restoring damaged or lost teeth, reconstructing their natural appearance and functions, and improving teeth aesthetics.
Prosthetics in Warsaw, Prague and Ursynów
In order for the results of such prosthetic treatment to be fully effective, our doctors are experienced specialists who use the latest prosthetic technology based on the Sirona scanner, 3D technique. Thanks to Sirona digital scanning, we do not do traditional impressions, we only scan teeth with 3D intraoral camera. The result of the scan is a 3D image of the patient’s teeth in the computer. Next, the shape of the tooth is designed – thanks to the computer technology it is made precisely, because the doctor sees the image enlarged. The shape is based on the doctor’s knowledge and patient’s suggestions, which guarantees satisfaction with the procedure.
Why digital prosthetics?
Digital prosthetics is a precision on a single tooth scale. The main advantage of such reconstruction is the accuracy of reconstructing the anatomical shape of the tooth crown, especially in hard to reach places and speed of execution, because the treatment would last 1-3 days.
Prosthetic restorations such as full-ceramic crown or porcelain veneer do not have a metal foundation. Thanks to this, they have a more natural appearance and are more natural and healthier for our body. The porcelain bridge restoration is made on the zirconium substructure, currently considered the most aesthetic in dentistry. Thanks to 3D scanning, the treatment is extremely fast and precise.
It is also a time saving for the Patient, because the average time to perform prosthetic restoration based on 3D scanning is about 1-3 days, depending on the type of work performed and on the patient’s medical conditions.
Prosthetics in Luxdentic is also prosthetic restorations based on implants. We have more than 10 years of experience in implantology. We use implants from the most reputable companies in the world, like Swiss Straumann and AnyRidge, thanks to which we can offer our patients a lifetime guarantee on our implants.
Transferring to Patient
All kinds of tooth restoration
Dental crown is a thin casing made of porcelain, used in a situation where the tooth, which is very damaged by caries, is rebuilt with large fillings that do not provide anatomical shape or proper aesthetics.
Check out our current promotion for veneers and crowns.
Crowns are recommended for use on dead teeth after root canal treatment (the crowns mask the discoloration and strengthen the brittle ones than in the case of a tooth of living tissue). At Luxdentic, we make porcelain and zirconium crowns, very durable and aesthetics similar to a natural tooth.
The crown is individually selected and adjusted to the anatomical conditions of the patient. After it, the tooth looks naturally, aesthetically and can not be distinguished from the others.
Porcelain crown requires polishing the tooth (1 mm) to create a place for porcelain. Crowns can also be used on live teeth. In this case, the dentist uses thinner porcelain crowns, which do not require a large preparation, without foundation. Due to their full translucency, these crowns are used for strong, untraceable teeth.
Veneers are thin flakes made of composite or porcelain, used to cover the upper and lower teeth. Veneers make it possible to cover extensive fillings, change the shape of a tooth, remove discoloration (eg. after antibiotic therapy), extend the tooth, close the diastema (gaps between the ones).
Check our current promotion for veneers and crowns.
Veneers eliminate aesthetic imperfections of the teeth like: color, shape, length, complementing the missing fragments. Thanks to veneers, the teeth retain a natural looking gloss and color, and are indistinguishable from natural veneers.
Indications for the use of veneers:
- discoloration of teeth difficult to whiten, eg. after antibiotic treatment, after root canal treatment,
- underdevelopment of enamel and dentine,
- non-cosmetic fillings of the front teeth,
- loss of tooth margins, chipping of incisal edges,
- elongation of tooth pathologically worn teeth,
- a definite change in tooth color.
- bad oral hygiene,
Inlays and onlays are fillings placed in the crown of the tooth. Usually, we use them in the case of large tooth crown defects. Inlay/onlay is an alternative solution for fillings made with the traditional method.
These types of fillings allow for accurate reconstruction of the anatomical shape of the tooth. Onlay/inlay looks like a filling made in one piece. Due to its universal properties, the most commonly used material is porcelain, which is more durable and aesthetic than composites.
The tooth rebuilt with inlays and onlays is resistant to abrasion, faithfuly restored, thanks to the precise reproduction of anatomical structures.
- the possibility of rebuilding the anatomical shape and size of the tooth,
- much bigger strength (resistance to abrasion) compared to the traditional filling,
- high aesthetics
- it do not get discolored,
- it is suitable for the reconstruction of large cavities.
Dentures are used in patients in the situation of toothlessness. There are 3 steps for preparing your dentures:
- we take 3D impressions or impressions on spoons individually prepared for the patient and the height of the dental short is determined as well as the color of the teeth,
- the patient tries the prosthesis and evaluates the first impressions,
- the patient receives a ready denture and gets instructions for the use from the doctor.
A skeletal denture is one that complements partial lacks of teeth.
The skeleton dentures consists of a metal plate and acrylic elements imitating gums and teeth. Some skeletal dentures are additionally built with braces that allow greater comfort of use. The metal plate in the denture is limited to the necessary minimum, thanks to which the patient gets used to the prosthesis much faster.
Skeletal dentures are made for patients who is not possible to treat with prosthetic bridges or implants. The time needed for a dentures is about 3 visits, during which we perform:
- impressions, after dentist’s assessment,
- trying on a metal part of the dentures, registration of dental short, selection of color,
- bring on a ready dentures, possible corrections.
A prosthetic bridge is a permanent dentures complementing the lack of one to several teeth.
Gaps remaining after missing teeth cause rotation of remaining teeth or their displacement to free spaces, which results in an incorrect bite. Bite disorders due to missing teeth can also cause gum disease. The bridge is made of a span that recreates the activity and shape of lost teeth and the elements fixing it on the pillars, which are natural teeth (roots) surrounding the gap or implants. The fastening elements can be coronal, crown-root inlays or crowns.
During root canal treatment, as a result of cleaning a tooth in the healing process, a lot of hard tissues, ie. the crown of the tooth, are lost. As a result, the our own crown of the tooth is deprived of a significant part of hard tissue and tooth becomes empty inside. After endodontic treatment it is necessary to recover the tooth as soon as possible, due to the high risk of breaking the weakened and empty tooth crown. Only tight and durable restoration prevents secondary infection of the root canals and mechanical injuries of the treated tooth, for example, cracking or breaking the crown of the tooth or even the root.
At Luxdentic, we do different tooth restorations:
- Reconstruction with a composite material, if the side walls of the tooth are kept in good condition and in the right amount. Then, we use a typical composite filling. However, in most cases it is no longer possible to rebuild the tooth crown with a composite material.
- Porcelain inlay/onlay, when we have to deal with large missing tooth tissue after root canal treatment. The tooth rebuilt thanks to inlays and onlays is resistant to abrasion, and to this faithfully reproduced, mainly thanks to the precise reproduction of anatomical structures.
- Reconstruction with a fiberglass insert and a full ceramic crown embedded on it. The crown is the most durable solution after root canal treatment, we recommend our patients to make a crown after root canal treatment. The crown is individually selected and adjusted to the anatomical conditions of the patient. After it, the tooth looks natural, aesthetically pleasing and can not be distinguished from the others.
Ask us about 20% discount for digital prosthetics
Dr Dariusz Ćwik
Expert in the field of: prosthetics, implant-based restoration, endodontics
A graduate of the Medical University of Bialystok. He is constantly expanding his medical knowledge, taking active part in numerous dental training and conferences developing his practical skills. Particularly interested in modern prosthetic treatment and endodontics. In Luxdentic, he deals with fixed prosthetics (crowns, prosthetic bridges, veneers, cast and root canal inserts and glass fibers), movable (skeletal dentures and settling prostheses), implant-based prosthetics (crowns and prostheses on implants), as well as bruxism (grinding of teeth). He provides his patients with the highest quality of services and an individual approach. Privately, an admirer of active recreation, including football. He spends his free time traveling around interesting corners of Poland and around the world.
Dr Aleksandra Kareska
Expert in the field of: prosthetics, aesthetic dentistry, preservative dentistry
A graduate of the Medical University of Bialystok. She constantly extends her practical and theoretical knowledge through participation in courses and symposia in the field of prosthetics and aesthetic dentistry, conducted by world-renowned specialists and scientists. Every day at Luxdentic she deals with aesthetic dentistry, and the greatest joy in the professional field is helping her Patients to improve their smiles.