Everyone can regain a natural smile: whether after losing one or more teeth due to tooth decay, injury, accident or periodontal disease (periodontosis). Regardless of the reason why we can not smile freely, it is worth asking a specialist for the help. The best solution in such situations are dentures.
Prosthetics dentures are used for partial or full deficiencies in dentition. They can be removed and put back into the mouth (which is why we call them a “moveable” solution) Such traditional dentures improve the appearance of the face and restore the natural functions of eating and speaking. An alternative to the removable dentures is a denture based on 6 implants. Such a denture is cemented to implants. Such a solution is comfortable and it stays securely in place, looks natural and requires less attention in everyday use and care.
We use full dentures for Patients in the situation of toothlessness. We make such dentures from acrylic safe for the oral mucosa. The time of prosthesis treatment is about 3-4 visits, during which we perform:
- digital or spoons impressions individually prepared for the patient
- we set the height of the short circuit and choose the color scheme,
- we are making a trial prosthesis and the Patient evaluates the first effects,
- Patient receives a ready dentures and instructions for use from the doctor.
Partial dentures are one that complements partial teeth deficiencies. Such dentures consist of a metal member and acrylic elements imitating gums and teeth. Some skeletal dentures are additionally built with clamps that allow greater comfort of use. The metal plate in the prosthesis is limited to the necessary minimum, thanks to which the Patient gets used to the prosthesis much faster. Partial dentures are used for Patients when it is not possible to treat them with prosthetic bridges or implants. The waiting time for such dentures is about 3 visits to the prosthetist, during which we perform:
- impressions, after assessment by a dentist,
- fitting of a metal part of the dentures, registration of short circuit, selection of color,
- fitting of a ready dentures, possible corrections.
When traditional dentures has problems with fitting (most Patients describe it as a “loose” dentures, which tends to shift or fall out, which results from gum deformation), a more beneficial solution may be to restore the teeth with a dentures based on implants. Dentures based on implants requires the implantation of 2-4 implants. On them, using a locator, a denture is fixed. Dentures on implants are a good solution for Patients who have not previously been satisfied with the use of removable dentures.
- Dentures based on implants provide a better fit and higher stability than a conventional solution.
- Implants have the role of anchoring for precise retention elements fixed in the dentures.
- There are various types of retaining elements with the benefit of maintaining the dentures.
- Dentures on implants are pulled out for daily hygiene treatments.
An alternative to the removable dentures is a denture based on 6 implants. Such a denture is cemented to implants. Such a solution is comfortable and it stays securely in place, looks natural and requires less attention in everyday use and care.